The fight continues in 2018…Next legislative session and the election in Nov.
*Donate on this website to get Alaskans involved to stop this raid.
*No changes to the Fund and PFD without a public vote.
*Support a public vote for a PFD Constitutional amendment guarantee or your PFD shareholder rights will be lost.
*Call on lawmakers to restore the PFDs cut in 2016 and 2017.
*Support and VOTE for candidates who will protect the PFD and Fund.
CHECK HERE FOR ACTION ALERTS AND INFORMATION DURING THE SESSION.
Also at www.facebook.com/PFDAK for Permanent Fund Defenders on Facebook.
Q. What’s the best weapon to defend the Fund and PFD from this raid?
A. YOU standing together with Alaskan voters to make your voice heard to protect the Fund and PFD. Demand a public vote on using PFD money and for a Constitutional amendment to guarantee the PFD.
The Alaska Constitution makes this clear in Article 1, Section 2:
“All political power is inherent in the people. All government originates with the people, is founded upon their will only, and is instituted solely for the good of the people as a whole.”
That’s the plain truth. Every single Alaskan who receives a PFD that is angry about this raid has a right and duty to stop it.
How? Get informed, join and support groups fighting the raid, get neighbors and family involved, contact your representatives, stand together as voters demanding our representatives find the best options to meet our economic challenges while preserving our Fund and PFD. Vote them out of office in the next election if they ignore Alaskans’ rights.
Simply put, if you don’t use your right to protect the PFD, you lose it. Don’t expect someone else to do this, it takes a majority of Alaskans to win this huge battle for the Fund. Hold our elected officials accountable.
WHAT TO DO NOW: STOP THIS THEFT
EVERY ALASKAN WHO GETS A PFD – IT’S UP TO YOU TO STOP THIS RAID. Even if you never vote and get into politics, now is the time to get involved if you want to save your PFD. You don’t have to be an expert on the economy leaders know there are other options for the budget than cutting the PFD. Tell them, “Hands off the PFD and the Fund without a public vote!” Write letters to the editor and call the Talk Radio programs with this message.
Speaking out to the legislators and joining this fight can save our PFD for now and future generations.
Go to www.akleg.gov or call the LIO (Anch) at 269-0111 to find out who your Legislators are.
PUBLIC HEARINGS! Call: 844-586-9085. Visit the LIOs. Email them for the record. (list on the RESOURCES page) Go to Permanent Fund Defenders on Facebook for current bill info. Whatever the solutions are we must take the PFD and using earnings without consent OFF THE TABLE.
CONTACT LEGISLATORS TO REJECT BILLS TO RESTRUCTURE THE FUND AND PFD TO PAY FOR GOVERNMENT (SB26 ) WITHOUT PUBLIC VOTE
LIKE AND SHARE on Facebook. Get your neighbors and families involved!!
JULY 4, 2017, ANCHORAGE – Permanent Fund Defenders at the reading of the Declaration of Independence. We agree with the U.S. founders, NO PFD TAX WITHOUT CONSENT.
Permanent Fund Defenders Protest Video
The message is clear to send to lawmakers and the media:
See this column by Dr. Jack Hickel to strengthen your understanding on defending our Fund and PFD.
Share these points with your representatives and the media:
- Alaskans own the Permanent Fund.
- Restructuring the PFD and Fund can endanger this system.
- Stop stealing and changing the PFD and Fund for government spending without public approval.
- These are the voters’ decisions.
- Discuss other revenue solutions and government cuts.
- Demand a public advisory vote in 2017 if PFD money is cut to spend on government.
- Restore the PFD from the Governor’s veto cut. We support the lawsuit against the Gov’s veto.
- The PFD cut is an unfair, regressive tax on low income people and severely hurts the economy.
- We will remember elected officials who steal the Peoples’ money and vote them out.
- A Constitutional Amendment in 2018 is needed to provide a guarantee for the PFD.
Helpful TIP: Keep this message to defend the Permanent Fund and dividend short and respectful or they may not read it! If you want to send a long, detailed message please send it separately from a short statement on your support for these main points.
NOW THROUGH THE 2017 SESSION – DO MORE THAN COMPLAIN:
- Learn about the Permanent Fund and PFD – You own the Fund as an Alaska resident. Help others learn this and ask them to speak out!
- Pay attention during the 2017 session and find out what action to take. Your voice and vote matter.
- Ask your family and neighbors if they know what’s happening and help them start contacting legislators, too.
- Know your legislators and contact them with email, letters, calls, testimony and demand a public vote on the PFD, and VOTE.
- Donate to PFD groups who are producing ads and events to defend Alaskans’ public interest.
- Write letters to the editor.
- Volunteer with groups on Facebook (www.facebook.com/PFDAK) and in the community to gain support.
- Sign petitions to send public opinion to Juneau.
- Demand more public communication from legislators and media to inform the public and discuss all budget solutions.